Saturday, August 20, 2011

Knit Activism

So Knit graffiti is often described as something that shows beauty is places that aren't beautiful. Homelessness is often seen as dirty and something to avoid and something people dont know a lot about so...I have decided to use my Knit art as a way of high lighting different things I care about.I work in a homeless shelter and poverty is a huge issue for me, I have decided to start up some "Knit Activism", over the next few weeks my posts are going to be very centered on organizations, activities and places that have to do with homelessness. I'm not claiming to be any type of expert but I do hope to share some of my experiences and some of the stories I have heard.
(I have a HUGE list of places that I plan on tagging but anyone who might have some suggestions I am open them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment